Sunday, January 08, 2012

Did I Mention We had a White Christmas???


Well I wish I had posted this one before the last post, but since I didn't here this goes....

When I woke up on Christmas Morning I discovered on the way to make coffee that we had had snow. Not much at first, but as the day went we got more and more. This made Mike one happy man. He lives for snow. The kids enjoyed playing in it as I took photos. But this all happened after we opened up presents.



My morning was really pretty neat....
I stood in the dark thinking of making the coffee when all of the sudden I heard the back bedroom door open and shut. There were tippy toes coming into the family room where the fireplace is. I saw Wendy holding brothers hand and explaining to him in a whisper that Santa had eaten the cookies and left stuff in the stockings. She turned and tip toed toward our side of the house but before she could see me I ducked behind the counter. Very quietly she said lets go and wake momma and daddy up. We always try to see who can say "Christmas Gift" before the other (this is a long time family tradition on my families side). Along the way they kinda missed that Santa had left some pretty awesome presents out. I tried to trail behind but my boy has a keen since of presence so that didn't work out. hehehe

I beat them at saying "Christmas Gift" and then I told them to hurry and beat daddy. They did and you could hear the giggles.... so precious!

I proceeded to ring the jingle bells to get the big girls up and I beat them saying it. HAHA!! They in turn tried to beat dad and the little's. Fun morning!!!! Here are photos of our morning. It is a shame I didn't have the camcorder running for the little ones coming in on Christmas Morning.




















2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!! Thank you for your comments, we hope this year is a very happy and healthy one for your family. And yes, please do blog more!

Sherry said...

Great pictures. You guys had more snow than we have had all winter. We still haven't had enough to make a snowman. The girls can't wait to make one.