Saturday, November 14, 2009

Finally an Update..... a bit long sorry

WOW!!!!! In one word let me describe how things have been "Whirlwind". I would have never thought or dreamed that something could go so crazy once we arrived home.

We arrived on US soil on the 6th of November at LAX in California. The air was so much more clear there than in China even. LOL We got all of our luggage and headed toward our gate to recheck them on to Amarillo. We hugged our dear friends and travel mates,Rich, Jen, and Mia, goodbye and vowed to stay in touch. Wendy really loved Jen! They had a connection right off.

After our goodbyes we lugged our carry-ons to our gate and found an On the Boarder and practically ran for it! LOL Margarita here we came and Tex Mex!! They didn't have Mexican Food in China!!! We found Italian, and German food, and Subway on Shamian Island, but no Mexican food. Can you imagine the business that they could get if they had one on the Island?

We called my Mom and Dad and Mikes Mother and Lacy while sitting and enjoying our meal. Lacy was so happy she was talking to Evan for the first time and he was truly interacting with her. Then Evan stayed on the phone with my parents for a very long time. My dad thoroughly enjoyed talking to him and Evan was saying Mamaw and Papaw constantly.

Our flight was leaving at midnight so we had plenty of time to talk and walk around. We were on a high being back in the USA, HOME!!! Hearing our loved ones voices was oh so comforting.

We arrived in Dallas at 5:58 am and grabbed a bite at McDonalds and a Cereal Bar there. We headed on to our next gate and I sat in a message chair. That was so nice. We all brushed our teeth and changed clothes for the kids. When we came back out Mike ran into his boss who was coming in from Washington and was about to catch the same flight as we were. Mike introduced him to Mr. Welch and Evan gave him a kiss on the cheek. What a sweet boy.
We then got on a propeller plane and we were asked to set back of the wings so the plane would be ballast. LOL Arrived home and landed very smoothly at 9:00 am. We were met by two of our dear families here. Boy was that a nice feeling seeing familiar faces. Thank you to David, and his family along with the Ng family.

We were so tired, but pumped just the same. We got home and there was Mike's mother and Lacy waiting for us to come on in. Oh how wonderful to be home. Evan explored the whole thing in a matter of minutes.

All of us were trying so hard to stay busy so we wouldn't fall asleep standing up. You know it is just a awful feeling. We would be in mid sentence to Mike's mother and we would slur and kinda doze off. I hate Jet Lag!!!!! I hate it with a purple passion!!!! I was so unable to do anything that day. I had wanted to call my parents and tell them we actually arrived in Amahome and just couldn't muster up the energy to do so.
We tried so hard to stay awake..... We pulled out the couch bed so we could lay both kids down since they had passed out on the floor. ha

That night late we received a phone call..... Mind you we couldn't hear it cause we had passed out. My MIL came to our bedroom and said that my brother was on the phone and needed to talk to us. Mike took the phone call, and I so tried to block it out and remain asleep. You see, calls at 2:00 am in the morning usually is bad news. Sure enough my brother told Mike that My Dad had passed away at 12:30 am November 8th 2009 with a heart attack. Mike turned to me while sitting in the bed and asked if I was awake. I set up and said yes...... Mike said that my dad had died. I just whaled, and cried and cried for such a long time and so hard and so loud. Wendy slept through it and so did Evan. Holly came in to our room and we held tight and cried more together.

I calmed down enough to talk to my mom and we just consoled each other over the phone.

Once off of the phone I went to tell Lacy out in the playhouse; she had just gotten to sleep and then here I come with this news. We cried together and ended up staying up until 6:00 am November 8th.
Lacy and Mike's mother were suppose to leave early that morning to head back to Ft. Worth, but because of the lack of sleep they didn't leave until 4:00 pm that evening.

My head was spinning, literally, I started having vertigo and felt sick to my stomach. Before they left I finally had to throw up. Once I did the room slowed down. Too much stress.... Sorry if it is TMI.

The funeral was set for Thursday the 12 of November. We left on Wednesday and drove for several... hours.... say 7 hours.
It was so good to see my mom and to give her love and hugs in person.
The visitation was that evening and we had only been there an hour. We got dressed ate and off we went again. It was so hard seeing my dad lay there like that. I could hear his laugh and his voice in my head. He had the best ole laugh ever!! It is something we all will miss.
The funeral was the next day at 2:00 pm. Evan and Wendy were dressed up very nice and debonair in their black velvet outfits. Evan has new Scooby Crocs and wouldnt' wear his dress shoes to the luncheon. Finally on the way to the funeral I asked him to "please" wear his dress shoes for Papaw. His reply was "Suxin's Papaw all gone". My mom and I looked at each other and were so stunned how well he was understanding things. He did finally allow Holly to put on his new shoes.

The funeral was so beautiful and meaningful. My girls were wonderful. They told of their memories of their Papaw and Holly mentioned how hard it will be on Wendy and that it is so sad that Evan would never know such a wonderful Papaw. While Holly was giving her message Evan followed her up there and stood by her being his usual cute self. It lightened the mood some and we were told at the start to let that young man do what he wants. He was new to the US and really didn't understand and if he ran circles around the coffin to let him do so. Well he wasn't that bad, but he did get up in front of everyone. lol It was so nice to have a little humor added.

I will add photos to show he is doing really well considering all that has gone on.

A HUGE Thank You to all of your well wishes and condolences through all of this. It has meant the world to me. God Bless You All!!


Sherri said...

So glad to hear you all made it home safely and I'm so very sorry to hear about your Dad. It is very sad that Evan will never get to know him, but i'm sure your Dad is now watching over him.

Hugs, & Kisses,

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I was worrying about you all since you hadn't posted after coming home. I am happy to see that you made it safely and that things seem to be going well with Evan. He sure is a cutie.

Jan C said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Lesa. My own dad passed a few years ago and it was so hard...I can't imagine going through that before you are even over jetlag. I will be praying for you and your family.

Pam said...

So very, very sorry for your loss. Yes, the last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for you to say the least. I hope that in the coming days and weeks things settle down as you find a new normal, a life WITH Evan and unfortunately without your dad. All my best to all of you.

3peas1pod said...

what a bittersweet week you have had. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. How devastating. You continue to be in my thoughts as
you make the transition home with Evan.
Welcome home. Love all of the pics of sweet Evan.

FHL said...

Oh Lesa, my heart just broke reading this. I am so sorry my friend. I am thankful that he was able to have that precious phone call with Evan and that you will always be able to share with him that special memory and how he made his Papaw smile. Sending a hug and will be holding you and your family in my prayers.

Love M~

Mi Hilo Rojo said...

Lesa I am sorry, prayers and thoughts to you all.

HUgs my friend!

Jenny said...


I was wondering about you all and hoping that you were doing ok. I was so sorry to hear about your father. It really hurts to lose someone that close to you. I lost my mother last year and the pain is still fresh.
I send my love and hugs to all of you. Give Wendy a Fingle Fang for me. I miss you guys!!

Special K said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lesa. What a difficult time you have to walk through right now with all this transition with your new son, traveling, and now this. I can only imagine how exhausted you must be. Physically and emotionally. I'll say some prayers for you.

Sherry said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was joyful with your new son. You know your dad was looking down on you guys. Even though it was a bittersweet holiday and time for you -- you still are truly blessed.

Love you,

And we need more pictures --- soon.

Kristy said...

Oh Lesa I am so sorry for the loss of your Daddy. I am so sorry tht it took me so long to get here, I did not know you were in Texas much less Amarillo, we are right down by San Antonio. How did tha get past me that you were a Texas girl???

Lesa I just hate that you have had to endure such a huge loss, I just dont even want to imagine your heartache. Please know that I am here for you anytime. Do you text ? my cell numer is 210 274 9852 you call me anytime okay. I love you girl, just look UP and he will get you through this time.

Love and blessings, Kristy