Saturday, June 05, 2010

Dance Recital for May 2010

Wendy and I had a wonderful experience. Tuesday June 1st was Dress Rehearsal and Wendy did so very well. The only problem was that Mike and Holly had a hard time capturing both dances on video. They managed getting the tap dance that night and then on Thursday the 3rd Mike got both from way at the back of the auditorium. You can barely see Wendy from these, but she is second from the left on both dances.
Thursday night Holly opted to stay home cause she had caught a virus that she caught from me. It really has been an awful bug that starts with a sore throat, then you get this gosh awful cough, and it takes more than a week to get over! Anyway..... Mike had to watch Evan, who likes to do his own thing, and try to video the dance recital all at the same time. So, it is really shaky. I plan on buying the professional video from ALT.

I'll upload the videos anyway so you get an idea.

I myself enjoyed being backstage mom both nights. It is lots of fun getting to know the girls. Luckily in Wendy's group there are only "5" children!!!!! Totally unheard of, but this class is a two day class. Hopefully the class will remain very small. They get more one on one with the teacher and learn so much more of the Art of Ballet this way!

Wendy will be taking Ballet/Tap on Mondays and Thursdays she will be taking Tap/Bebop. Evan will be taking on Monday morning with me in Mommy and Me class then on Friday with Preschool age. Holly will be taking Ballet on Friday morning before Evan's class and then "helping" Ms. Bluejeans with Evan's class. The plan is to help get Evan use to being away from me some. We have accomplished one good thing and that is Evan is finally very bonded to me. For those of you who have followed from Evan's Gotcha moment on Evan refused me pretty much and really didn't want anyone, but preferred Mike and especially Holly to me. He still "highly" adores Holly.

A very good note: I was able to get Evan into a good Preschool Program for the fall! He got the last morning slot for the 3 year olds. I don't want to push him in with the four year olds for now and luckily they don't allow him to enter the 4 yr. old class unless he is 4 on or before Sept. 1st just like the school district. Plus this is a half day program which will be better since he hasn't ever been away from me or family in general, and this will help with him being able to go to dance on his own eventually.

Lots going on and many things keeping us busy, but luckily there is some down time for now. I've managed to start up my hobby of sewing back up! Yea!!!! I made Wendy a little sun dress and am working on cutting out shorts for both her and Evan for our vacation.

Now for the Ballet photos and Video.....














4 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh Lesa she is absolutely the most beautiful ballerina I have ever seen, and I mean that!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Lesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marshmallow Circus said...

I can't wait till my girls have recitals! She is so cute. :)

Melissa said...

What a beautiful ballerina! It looks like she really enjoys it I can't wait to get Darby into classes.